I guess the main thing about having my teachers prepare me for a "technological" class room is by instituting more use of technology in the classroom. By this I mean use more programs like Microsoft Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop and the Internet for more projects. I enjoy using technology in the classroom. Weather it is using google on my phone, or powerpoint to present a presentation, I think that technology in the classroom brings a new feel to the future of learning. Especially in high school I enjoyed using technology in the classroom on the few projects that I had to do. I think by adding more computer classes or by instating technology on projects kids would be able to keep up with this updating changing world.
Just by shadowing and learning about my field, technology is everything. Especially when you are in the business field. From writing an email to doing a powerpoint technology is used almost every moment of everyday. Cellphones are another huge part of my field. This is how the main forms of communication are formed. This could either by by sending a text message to talking on the phone for a business conference call. When you go into the marketing field, technology is everywhere. Computers are used to make magazines and various publications. Powerpoint's are used to show charts and various information at a meeting. Without todays tech, the business field and marking field would be totally different than they are today. I feel that Oakland University will do a fine job of doing so. By having a online english class to using the mac computers in the library, I believe that OU is up to date and will better me for my career path.
I feel that I write much better in a relaxed setting. Sometimes it is on my bed, on the couch or sitting at a table at Starbucks. When I usually write a paper I start off writing things and phrasing sentences how I would if i was talking casual. After this I go back and proofread and edit out all the improper language and the errors. This was makes it easier to express my personal thoughts and to get my ideas out either on paper, or written on the screen. When I try to sit down and instantly try to write in a formula, my ideas and other thoughts can sometimes become blocked.
If I were a science teacher per say, I would make my students use technology every day. I think that this is a must because because the world today is constantly updating and changing. I would have projects where you would have to do presentations and charts. This doesn't only help the technology advancement of my students, but it will also help their public speaking presentation skills. On certain days i would allow cellphones to be used to look up information on the internet. By doing all of this, I think my students will be ahead of the game and will be able to use these skills in high school and even college.
I agree with the main thesis of this piece. The classroom is constantly changing and digital literacy is taking over. An explicit example of this is my online friday writing class. This class is teaching me how to go thorough school online and is helping me learning skills such as how to blog. As the years advance, more and more online classes are available. Almost everything is on the internet in this current day. I think that in this current day OU and many other schools have upgraded to digital literacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment